Disneyland becomes even more wonderful during the holidays. This year from November 10 to January 7, the most magical place on earth is decking the halls and introducing new surprises for its guests. Here is your guide to all the magic Disneyland has to offer this holiday season!
Walking around and taking in the decorations is a ride in itself. The theme parks, Downtown Disney, and the three Disneyland resort hotels are all adorned in seasonal garb. First place goes to Carsland for their creative decor!
If the Christmas Fantasy Parade replete with prancing reindeer, dancing snowmen and jolly gingerbread folk doesn’t get you in the holiday spirit, nothing will. Wave to Santa during the grand finale!
Festive Foods Marketplace
Head over to California Adventure where the streets are lined with 12 holiday food kiosks. According to Disneyland.com, here are the different foods you can sample (and very reasonably priced!):
- Chips, Breads & Holiday Spreads is serving up the upper crust of holiday helpings
- Making Spirits Bright fizzes with celebratory toasts and festive clinks
- Joy to the Sauce spreads joy to the world with seasonal favorites accompanied by savory holiday sauces
- Spicy Celebrations heats things up with delicious dishes featuring a festive kick
- Brews & Bites brings smiles aplenty with frosty beers and tasty snacks
- Holiday Duets harmonizes with perfect pairings curated for your culinary delight
- Classic Crocks & Casseroles fills hungry bellies with comfort foods galore
- Blissfully Braised slow-cooks savory favorites full of flavor
- A Twist on Tradition tickles palates with tempting twists on holiday classics
- Winter Sliderland doles out hand-held helpings to make the season bright
- Grandma’s Recipes takes you home for the holidays with time-honored treats
- Festive Holiday Extras offers decadently delicious side dishes that pair perfectly with any meal
Attractions’ Holiday Facelift
Several of Disneyland’s classic rides get all dolled up for the Holidays. Jack Skellington takes over the Haunted Mansion around this time each year to transform it into Haunted Mansion Holiday.
Head over to the other side of the park for It’s a Small World Holiday. The facade is covered in thousands of Christmas lights that are definitely merry and bright!
A crop of new shows have appeared at Disneyland! Celebrate Navidad with the Mariachi Divas and enjoy Yiddish klezmer music with Mostly Kosher. There are multiple showtimes daily, so you can catch every show.
No two years of Christmas merchandise are the same. This year there are sparkly Mickey and Minnie ears and the cutest popcorn buckets to date.
Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks
Disneyland’s nightly fireworks are filled with holiday magic. There is nothing like being there in person, but check out the show below!
World of Color: Season of Light
Want to keep the magic going? Begin your Disney pin collection during your next visit!
COPY CODE SNIPPET